OMSC engages in mission with the world Christian movement via a three-fold ministry:
Residential program for missionaries, church leaders, Research Scholars, and artists
OMSC residents come from all over the globe. They come in need of a refueling—physical, spiritual, and intellectual—having spent years pouring themselves out in some of the remotest communities on earth. They leave not only with the renewed vitality that comes through worship, fellowship, study, and rest, but with expanded visions and new skills for their work in cross-cultural ministry, thanks to OMSC’s world-class educational offerings.
Advancing mission scholarship through research and publication
With in-depth analysis of Christian mission and world Christianity, the International Bulletin of Mission Research is a premier source of information on the world church in mission. It provides an editorial voice that is analytical and nonpartisan. Many of today’s foremost mission thinkers appear in the IBMR and as lecturers at OMSC. Issues older than five years are available for free download.
Continuing education on missioN and world christianity
Our Study Program offers innovative seminars on mission and world Christianity. With registration open to the public, these seminars are designed to encourage and equip participants to become more effective Christian witnesses in a multicultural world. Study program participants gain new insights and practical skills from seminars such as:
- Culture, Values, and Worldview: Anthropology for Mission Practice
- Healing the Wounds of Trauma: Help for Ourselves and Others
- Powers, Principalities, and the Spirit: Biblical Realism in Africa and the West
- A Connected History of Mission: Complex People; Conjoined Places; Composite Projects
- OMSC Writing Workshop: “To the Glory of God: Putting Your Story into Words”