Visa Requirements for Residency

Applicants from outside the United States who are accepted for long-term study and residence must apply for a J-1 visa. OMSC will provide incoming long-term residents with a letter of invitation and the DS-2019 form needed to apply for a J-1 (Exchange Visitor) visa at an U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country; the accompanying spouse or children will receive a letter and form to apply for a J-2 visa. The letter and form will be sent to you by Federal Express or DHL prior to your arrival at OMSC.

The applicant is required to pay all fees associated with obtaining passports and visas.

English Language Proficiency

International applicants must successfully prove English proficiency by one of the following three methods:

  1. Submit the results of a recognized English language test (TOEFL or IELTS)
  2. Provide signed documentation of successful participation in English language classes from an English language school; or
  3. Successfully complete a Skype interview with OMSC.